Sunday, November 15, 2015

ART FROM THE MAIN HOUSE: Sunday Postcard Art Challenge (11-15-15)

The Sunday Postcard Art challenge is so named because the challenge is issued each Sunday.  Marion is our host this week with the theme of November Rain, and I have "answered" her challenge on Sunday!  Likely this won't happen again anytime soon, but this afternoon the New England Patriots' game is on and my husband is occupied!

I cut a piece of watercolor paper to the standard postcard size of 4" x 6" and printed an excerpt from Dan Wittenkeller's poem November Rain directly onto my postcard.  I stamped my image ("Portland" from Stampotique Originals) directly onto the postcard and colored her with colored pencils.  The "Leaf" stamp, also from Stampotique, was used several times, each time being inked up with fall colors from the Tim Holtz "mini's" collection.  I made a mask of the leaf image and at the end inked it in brighter colors and adhered it to the postcard.  Finally, I used a blending tool to ink up the edges of the postcard.




Thanks for stopping by today and for taking a moment to leave a comment so that I will know you were here!

I am entering this artwork in the Craft Stamper Magazine "Take It Make It" November challenge.



19 comments:

  1. Beautiful text and I like how you let the white space work; looks beautiful! Hope you are well and having a good week! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of this card, beautiful colours but with lots of white space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing, Kay - I didn´t know that poem before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing, Kay - I didn´t know that poem before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Kay that card is fantastic. Love the quote and the fall theme you have such a way of pulling things together. I love this one. Fave for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! And great words, too.

    I also noticed your comment about your husband being a Patriot's fan. I looked at your "about" but I didn't find anything saying where you live. If by chance you live in "New England" so do I! Except I'm a Jets and Giants fan. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the multiple leaf stamping and how the colours shift... and the whole piece has that perfect Autumnal melancholy about it - wonderful.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Kay love how you have used the leaf stamp . Your card design works wonderfully . x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Kay, I love the realistic looking leaf, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this one Kay, especially the bold leaf against the more muted ones xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card ..... love the autumn colours. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors... beautiful creation !
    Thanks for joining us in the Craft Stamper Challenge!

    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how the image and leaves pop off the white but the second generation stamping softens and balances. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Didn't have time to comment yet Kay, but this one is so lovely and beautiful!...
    I envy you to be so expert with your printer to be able to directly print at the good place (and so beautifully) text and quotes, images and backgrounds... Love this, but I'm really bad for that myself despite I was an engineer haha :)))
    Mwah!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.