Wednesday, October 23, 2013

STAMPOTIQUE DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE 122: FABRIC OR LACE

Wednesday always brings a smile to my face, as I love the challenge (fun) of working with my Stampotique Originals' stamps.  The Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week is hosted by France Papillon, who is not only a Design Team member, but also one of the stamp designers!  Here's her challenge:
When stuck while making a project, it's often adding texture that gets me rolling again. But lace or fabric is often the last thing i think about when searching for texture. So, I thought it would be fun to have all of you lovely peeps make art using fabric or lace. And all those fab creations would make one awesome inspiration board!
I decided that today I would make a tag.  I began by spritzing my craft mat with Dylusions inks in Pure Sunshine and Fresh Lime (I watered them down just a bit).  I stamped Miss Snottie onto another tag, colored her with Ranger Distress Markers and crayons.  
 I used a technique shared with me by fellow blogger Corrie Herriman, and that is to clear emboss the stamped image for a dramatic shine and color enhancement!  You can visit Corrie's blog here.  Tell her "Kay sent me!"
Next, I stamped the image a second time onto my original tag, so you could see any tiny bits of the image I lost in cutting it out.  Then, I adhered Ms. Snottie over that.  She needed a title, so I made her a DIVA for today!  I still needed more background, so I used France Papillon's new Design Cube!

Now, to that challenge!  I have had cheese cloth for about 3 years and have never used it.  Since it does classify as "fabric," I decided to use it today.  I have used it here to soften the look of the flower against the tag.  Here's Ms. Snottie:




I had fun making the tag today, which is the whole point of the Stampotique Designers' challenges.  If you would like to take part, all you need is a rubber stamp (does not have to be a Stampotique Originals' stamp) and have some fun.  You can create anything you like!  At the end of each month, two lucky winners are drawn and receive a $30 gift certificate for Stampotique Originals products!

I appreciate you visit today.  Please leave a comment so that I will know you were here (and because they make me feel good, too!).

Cheers,



21 comments:

  1. Great tag Kay, loving the green
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Tag Kay, the stamp is really cute and I am loving this new green color I guess its the time of year. You created a DiVa for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colours Kay. I have yet to get any dylusions but am very tempted. Too many tempting things out there. Love your tag and the cheesecloth looks lovely behind the flower

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome :) Mrs. Snottie is realy a Diva
    XOXO Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kay, I love, love, love this. It is wonderful. The background is perfect, I also love Dylusions Sprays but haven't tried your technique; something I will have to try. Miss Snottie looks great and I am pleased you tried my clear embossing and I do think it looks nice and vibrant ! The flower goes very well with the whole colourscheme and I love how you 'wrapped' the cheesecloth around it. So well done. Thanks for mentioning me as well !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice...Miss Snottie cracks me up, what attitude. I love using cheesecloth and it's so inexpensive but give wonderful texture and depth. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you have used cheese cloth I have some but never tried using it yet you have made me want to give it a go ... Lovely tag!
    Jackie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheesecloth in paper crafting? Wow. I just use it to strain stuff.

    It does add a very cool texture.

    Ms. Snottie makes quite the diva.

    Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colour and textures, love the flower and stamp too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever use of the cheesecloth and I love the background, Ms Snottie looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your combination is fab. Love the cheesecloth. Its funny what you find in your stash for these challenges isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bright colours on this Kay. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tag Kay, I love how you coloured the tag. I don't have dylusions but have other and have done this with Tim Holtz's distress inks... I caved and signed up for his classes and I am loving the techniques that I am learning. Think I may take all the stuff away with me and play next week. :D I love those images... I am too scared to go and look at their stuff... once I start I cant stop :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely tag Kay! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cheesecloth was a wonderful idea. Love how you used that stamp, and her name just cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I lover cheese cloth Kay and this is a very cool tag :) I need to pull my cheese cloth out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh Kay, this is happy tag! love that bright color of dylusions (which I always use :))and background is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. frangifantastic creation! and cheesecloth looks alot like Cambric which is my favorite. so how could i not love this??
    thanks for playing along with the Stampotique Designer challenge :)))
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kay! just popped in to say thanks again for hearty comment on my AJ !
    I can say, your observations are so detail. I stumped when you recognized how I matched blue washi tape with stencil design in background!
    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kay this is wonderful, I love your flower, and Miss Snottie looks suitably Diva-ish xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your flower is Stunning. Thank you for sharing with us at Stampotique.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.