Wednesday, December 3, 2014

STAMPOTIQUE DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE 176 WEEK 1: ANYTHING GOES FOR THE MONTH!

Kim Howard is our Stampotique Design Team Coordinator, a Design Team member, and is also our hostess for the month of December! December is a busy time with friends and family, so Kim has given the Design Team and you a bit of a break and choosen one theme for the entire month.  Here's her challenge:
This is our last challenge for the year, and it will run the whole month of December.  Our theme is an easy one, so show us your best work using *Anything Goes" as your theme.   
For this month *only,* you will have the opportunity to enter this challenge 5times (one for each week) which = 5 chances to win the random $30 giftcertificate for Stampotique stamps. 
We hope to see a lot of you entering!
For the first week, I have chosen to embrace December and make a Christmas card.  If you are or have been a scrapbooker, you likely have 6" x 6" paper pads lying around.  In searching through my stash, I was able to find such a paper pad with a Christmas theme from which I could make my card.  A couple of "accessories" lying around and the card base was ready for some stamping.  Next came the Smitten Moustache Monsters (by stamp designer Kira Nichols), a red Sharpie, and done!



Thanks for your visit today!  I appreciate those as well as your comments.  I hope you will find some time this month to participate in this month-long "Anything Goes" challenge at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge site.  There are 5 opportunities (5 Wednesdays) this month to submit your works.  At the end of the month, two winners will be drawn from among all submissions (rules here) to receive a $30 gift certificate for anything in the Stampotique online store.

Cheers!


18 comments:

  1. The Moustache Monsters are so cute on this fab Christmas Card and the black & white theme with splashes of red really makes this card pop!!!

    Thanks for the lovely words you left on my Altered Playing Cards, especially suggesting I should have included "talented" on what I like about myself. Thank you (she says, smiling) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love your card Kay, mustache monsters are perfect!! Loving that black and white background too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Moustache Monsters are waiting for me to collect them in a couple of weeks time along with 7 other characters, that will be an exciting day!

    Great card, the chevrons make a fab background and help your colours really pop.

    Sorry to read that you will be leaving the DT but i will still be following along for your next adventures :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving their moustaches 😊. The card is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your project Kay, I should because I too, used the Moustache Monsters... great minds...
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Moustache Monsters are so festive like that, loved the idea Kay. I am going to miss your inspirational DT pieces, but of course I'll be coming over to check on your journey, wishing you the most creative artsy year coming on! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very lovely card for a teenage boy, I'm sure your nephew will love the humour of this one. and for me, I love this line of moustaches monsters they always me giggle! :))) Mwah! your friend Coco.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Kay, it's so striking! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo adorable. I love this stamp set that you used, I've not seen it before. Can't wait to see what you do the rest of this month under this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at these little guys, so cute. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. omgosh! You make me laugh!! I love this whimsical card Kay!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that card and those little (whatever they are) are so sweet. I love NON traditional Christmas cards. I would love to enter but I haven't touched a scrap anything in I don't know how long. Everything just seems to be piling on me at the moment so I am just going with the flow for now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this Kay, great fun :) :) :)
    Wishing you a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This christmascard looks like it is one you can buy in the shop; so crisp, except for the sweet little monsters that is (LOL)! The combination of this DP and those stamps is perfect! should I try to use DP again? don't think it would look so stunning as this... Hope you have a fun weekend... warm greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful Kay. Love the black, white, red combination and perfect choice of stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, these guys are so cute. Right up there with no pants monkey. Love the bold background and the big bell. hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.