Thursday, September 18, 2014

MY STUDIO TABLE(S)

If you are looking for my STAMPOTIQUE post for this week, you will find it immediately below this post!

I am a follower of Seth Apter's blog called "The Altered Page," and have been following this blog for quite some time.  I am especially thrilled to be taking one of Seth's classes at Art-Is-You in Stamford, CT, next month!  However, today he is hosting a massive movement where artists post their studio tables "as is," not all cleaned up for a photo shoot.  So whether you create out of a suitcase, on your dining room table, or in a formal studio, SHOW US YOUR TABLE!  You can find directions for posting here.

In my defense, I need to share that my husband and I are both participating in a challenge called ALTERED PLAYING CARDS, and were both in my "attic studio" last Sunday.  After finishing our cards for last week and getting them scanned and online, we left all too quickly, leaving behind this mess!

I am blessed to have the entire third floor of our New England home as my studio space.  In addition to the anteroom, where I have a desk with my die cutting machine, a sewing table, and a bookcase where stamps and scrapbooks are stored, I have six 5' x 8' tables, plus three smaller tables in the main room for my computer, printers, coffee maker and, of course, journals!  I try to confine my messes to designated areas.  For instance, one for painting, another for spraying, etc., but I usually end up doing everything at "my" work table.  My husband contributes to the mess, as does my stepdaughter when she visits.  But, truth be told, most of this mess is all mine!

Interestingly, before I begin a new project, I take time to clean it all up.  Seriously, I have a definite need for a clean space in which to create.  In just a few minutes, I will be starting that process as I need a birthday card for Sunday!  So, Seth...and the world...here's my studio table(s):



Thanks for stopping by to check out my studio today.  Please leave a comment (don't be too harsh!) to let me know that you were here.  Feel free to join as a follower and revisit from time to time.  If you would like to be notified when I update my blog, sign up also to "follow by e-mail."

Cheers!

20 comments:

  1. WOW, are you lucky, a whole third floor!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a well used comfortable place to me. reminds me of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'm really enjoying visiting all the creative spaces in the hop. I especially love your little wind chime at the top of your blog though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing at your Husband's comment lol! No you shouldn't!!!

    There is a similar place to blog your desks in the UK it is called WOYWW, here is the link http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-is-woyww.html just in case you want to look or join it.

    Loving the sound of having a whole third floor to play with all my crafting bits and bobs. Great to see where you and your Husband create together, especially glad to see you take your oral hygiene very seriously. That is what the tooth brush if for isn't it...

    Great post, thanks for sharing Kay :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ignore that first commenter.... some people have such nerve! ;-) Glad to see your messy table... real work gets done there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All want to know is do you have room chair for me to pull up ans play!!! Yaayyyy!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a keeper. ;) I love seeing your space. My space is always a mess. My beloved accuses me of being a hoarder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a creative mess, so it's perfectly okay :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so much fun to see that most of us end up with so little space to work on... But just like you I clean up, but then directly after finishing and start all over again :)! Enjoy the weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahahahah I laughed so hard at Russ' response... I am seriously impressed that you have got him creating with you I think that is awesome. Can't wait to see what you did. Your space sounds amazing and so big. I wish I had dedicated space for painting and so on... I hate the mess of it all on one table.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I've seen your studio oh so neat, nice to see it really lived in. Love your space anyhoo. xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kay....I want to live in your studio, I want to lay on the desk and make angel wings....sooo jealous! I have a tiny table in the spare room and a few sprays, but I will be like you one day!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. the entire third floor... lucky you... it looks pretty inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  14. So well used!! Looks like you have everything just where you need it!! heehee Thanks for sharing xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I'm not showing mine, despite the fact that one desk is actually clear at the moment!! Gosh, what a lovely space you have. Do you have a bell chiming?? Maybe it's the radio. Or maybe you are having a crafty glass of wine. Oh, my speaker is on. Usually it's off. Ahhhhhhh, wind chime. I am seriously thinking of going over to the dark side and joining facebook just so I can see everyone else's cards!!! Wahhhhhhhh. Hope to get my first ones posted by close of play tomorrow. HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is SO funny, but how truly wonderful to see your craft space - and all those delicious craft supplies - so well used. Clearly, a much-loved place to be. And how wonderful is that? :-)

    Roz M.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You made my giggle Kay, because you say that you need a CLEAN space before starting a new project, but every little space on your table looks filled with something hahaha :))) Anyway, I'm happy to read that your have a true craft space just for you, that's a dream for me! :D Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love to see other artist work spaces. I like seeing what supplies and equipment are in use and finished and unfinished projects on the table. When your in the midst of creativity, there's no time to clean up. Thanks for letting us have a peek inside.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kay! Thank you for your sweet comment about my Dragonfly. I'm so glad you like it!
    What a wonderful craft space you have! Don't worry about making mess, it's a part of the process. I say... just like you wouldn't trust a skinny chef you wouldn't trust a tidy artist ;)
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. See never say never. I posted a picture of mine today. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.