Saturday, March 11, 2017

ART FROM THE ROAD: Take A Word Challenge (03-05-17)

The Take A Word challenge this week is FLOWERS. Now, I have lots of flower stamps but none of them jumped out and called, "Take me! Use me!" I guess I knew that I wanted to work on my journal, so I took a different path to the flowers.


I have a 7-drawer plastic tote in which I store scraps of paper, sorted by color (basically). I figured in the green drawer I might find some floral paper and I was right! So, a scrap of paper that I have saved for likely more than 10 years has provided the floral background for my journal page today. Who knew?

The second element was the text stamp I wanted to use. It's from Unity Stamp Company and comes in a set called You Are Important. The third element, of course, is my focal image. This wonderful stamp is one of the Funky Girl stamps and was created by stamp designer and artist Carol Porter. You can find her stamps in her Etsy Shop here


One of the great parts about most of Carol's stamps is that they are designed with only general detail, thereby allowing the user to play a role in the design. Here, you will see that I wanted my image to be wearing jeans with a sweater top over a white shirt. It is kind of like playing with paper dolls!


A bit of washi tape to ground my image and done!


Thanks so much for coming by today and, especially, for taking a moment to leave a message. Both are important and serve as inspiration to me!

Cheers!

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - I had problems leaving my first comment so now I'm starting again.
    I love your "retro" flavoured card, your seventies girl and the beautifully coloured flower stamps. All perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one super cool page! Love the paper and the stamp is fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable page. I love how you dressed her, may I say grown up paper dolls! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great route you took to get to your floral challenge - love your final result with that retro feel to it all, and the distinctly female touch to it all. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O M G !!!! I absolutely adore her!!! The Funky Girls are so much fun to play with exactly for the reason you shared. I appreciate your support more than you know. I say you nailed this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that doll stamp! You dressed her so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great doll stamp, and very creative use of it. Thanks for sharing your talents with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it - especially the washi tape part. I like doll stamps too! Pity Carol only ships in the US right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kay you rocked this one. Such a cool idea. Love the stamp and the washi is a great tip. Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.