Here are the simple steps for creating this background:
- Apply a generous coat of Gesso to your art journal page.
- Create a random textured pattern by using your brush to push around the Gesso.
- Cover your page with a piece of waxed paper; press gently.
- Allow to dry naturally for a couple of hours.
- Peal off the waxed paper and discard.
- Use spray inks (I used two) to cover your page, blotting with baby wipes as you progress.
- Allow to dry (do not recommend using a heat tool).
While I am pleased with the outcome, what I learned is that you cannot successfully stamp directly onto your textured background! An "oops" moment very quickly averted by stamping my image again on a piece of cardstock, coloring it, cutting it out and adhering the image to my background using pop dots. I then used stencils and some acrylic paint applied by "pounching" with a stipple brush to add the clock and flower images.
Here are some close-ups of the journal page:
Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please take a moment to leave a message so that I will know you were here!
Joy to you!