Wednesday, October 8, 2014

STAMPOTIQUE DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE 168: USE BOOK TEXT

My Stampotique teammate and dear friend Corrie Herriman is the host this week for the Stampotique Designers' Challenge, and she is asking us to create a project using book text. Here is her direction:
Hello everybody and happy Wednesday to you all! Today it is my turn to host the challenge and I would like you to use book text. This is such a versatile material and when I get a bit stuck, I regularly reach for an old book to use the pages. I think everybody has an old book or magazine lying around to use. I can't wait to see what you come up with, but most of all have fun creating !!!   Corrie x
Much like Corrie, I find that book text, whether tucked into the background or a front-and-center element, can really give a creative boost when a bit stuck!  And, I was definitely "stuck" on this one.  I created two for the bin before finding inspiration in the book text I chose.  First, I was intrigued by the page number and knew that I wanted to include that.  I also noticed the chapter title "Novelist and Philosopher," and then I remembered one of my newer stamps called "Philip," who has a wishful, inquiring upward gaze.  Of course, at that point, I needed something at which Philip could be looking--and that was one of the Stampotique stamps just released called "Paris Lamp Post."  By this time, I was on a roll!  I added one of the new release text stamps ("When I Grow Up") to show what Philip might be thinking; then, for a little added interest, a bit of a border using one side of the brand new "Circles Cube."  A dab of yellow paint, an ink-dyed ribbon, a brad and done!  But here, you take a look:



I am pleased with my tag and with overcoming this challenge. Sometimes, it just takes more than one attempt to get where you most want to be--in art, as well as in life!  (I love you, Russ!)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate both your visits and your comments.  Take a moment this week to do something crafty--even if for the first time!  At the end of the month, there will be a $30 gift certificate randomly awarded to two lucky artists submitting projects!  Guidelines for submissions are here.  You can purchase Stampotique stamps here

I am giving away BLOG CANDY this month!  Check out how to win a free brand new STAMPOTIQUE stamp from ME here!

Cheers!


15 comments:

  1. I love a bit of book text peeks ng out too. Perfect little innocent face. I am sick so I will not be seeing you this weekend. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool Kay, I love what you've done with your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sensational Tag Kay, awesome colours and love Philip thinking he wants to be an Artist and Philosopher when he grows up, this has to be one of your best makes for me so far this year and i love most of what you create :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one gorgeous tag, Kay ! I love it.... Love how you used the stamps but moreover I love how you utilised the Novelist and Philosopher bit and the page number. A winner on all accounts !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your creativity amazes me every time! Love this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tag, Phillip looks very philosophical
    Beautiful colours and details

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is my new fave. I also love book text on anything and I love how you explained your process.. all of the bits came together perfectly. I think I would have a field day playing in your stamps.... :D This is wonderful Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quote is something we tend to forget in order to change and grow into someone that is all kinds of things except yourself...
    A beautiful tag with a reminder! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tag Kay! Love how you used the test. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kay, I love your tag. Philip is cute in a kooky kinda way. Love how you used the book paper and even kept the page number. I would have ripped that off but it adds a cute touch so I will maybe take a tip from you and keep it next time one pops up. Great colour combo with the kraft. Love how you added the lamppost as well. HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever Kay, just love how you used the lamp post :) Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi my dear Kay, I'm so late to see in details and comment once again oops, it's becoming a bad habit, I'm really sorry, especially as I love you!
    Well, that's just difficult sometimes to do well all things, you can believe me! And I have a confession to make, I HATE looking quickly at a post and leaving a message without reading a line! I will maybe not leave a comment on every post, but at least you can be sure that it's a real pleasure to read you as much as to look at your gorgeous tag... :-o)
    I love this one with Philip Kay, it's super cute!!! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant tag, Kay!! love the images, its composition and quote!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.