Wednesday, October 29, 2014

STAMPOTIQUE DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE 171: USE YOUR FAVORITE COLORS!

You know what day it is!  The Stampotique Designers' Challenge has been posted, and sweet Nellie van Leeuwen is at the helm.  She is taking it a bit easy on us this week!  Here's Nellie's challenge:
No explanation needed for this week's challenge. I'm asking you to use your favourite colours. Use as many colours as you want. I think we all have favourite colour combinations, colours that always match, colours that work for us, colours we turn to when we lack a bit of inspiration. Mine are variations of green and blue. What are yours?
                                                                                                             Groetjes,  Nellie
Now, you would expect that my post today would be full of bright and cheery primary colors, but...NOT!  I am a huge fan of the vintage genre and its color palette is much more subdued.  I find great pleasure in creating with this color palette:


So, now, you will not be surprised at my "make" for this week.  I have chosen to make a vintage postcard with brown, beige, cream and just touch of maroon and soft orange. 

And, the reveal:


 I have used the following Stampotique stamps in my project:


I am so happy that you stopped by today.  Don't forget to join as a follower and leave a comment so that you will qualify for the BIG GIVEAWAY ending in just two days.  Details here!  You just might win a FREE STAMPOTIQUE STAMP FROM ME!  Here's an example of how Stampotique Design Team member France Papillon used this stamp in a background:


I hope you will take some time this week to get crafty and create something in your favorite color palette.  Two lucky artists (randomly drawn) will receive a $30 gift certificate from Stampotique Originals for their products or anything they cell on their website.  

Cheers!


20 comments:

  1. Super colourpalette! They might be vintage, but I think these colours are great to use for any occaission! Great vintage card you made. Enjoy your week, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your postcard, it looks so perfect with those colors-a vintage piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the postcard is stunning. such a great old vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Post card, Kay!! and love how you have used these vintage colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color palette you used, looks very sophisticated :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am amazed and delighted by what you created using that color palette! It is a beautiful postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the postcard you made Kay, it's so vintage looking and the colors you chose are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your postcard is gorgeous Kay and I'm not surprised at all!! I know you quite well (I think I have this privilege since we have been followers (and friends) from each other for quite a long time now). so I would have said that even if you have asked it to us! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a shockerino Kay! You sure made these colors dance on your postcard! The palette is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love that colour palette gorgeous fall colours... Love the card too.. You do this style so well... I love the less is more approach xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful palette Kay! And the card you created is gorgeous- sooo vintage!
    So glad you lifted the photo of the two of us!! I miss our creative time together! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great vintage make, beautiful postcard
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these soft subtle colours and I also love the idea of a postcard !
    Gorgous piece, my sweet friend !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice take on the "vintage". I love these colors too but as you know, somehow that orange always slips in. Glad you find pleasure in the soft and muted, you wear it well. xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your "vintage" postcard is wonderful! Love the color palette and you interpretation of it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done! Great vintage and slight distressed look.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab choice of colours Kay and indeed a bit suprising :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your vintage postcard Kay, lush :) Big hugs lovely lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh, where have I been? Oh, yeah, this was about the time I started the holiday to forget. Love the postcard. Lovely colours and stamping. It looks truly vintage. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.