This month, I was inspired when my dear friend Val-Belle posted her tag for the March challenge, and I just could no longer resist. When I looked at Tim's list of supplies, I was missing quite a number, but thought I could "make do" with what I had (my supply list will follow the detail photos below).
I have to tell you that when I finished my tag and looked at it, I almost cried. It's beautiful, and I am, indeed, quite capable!
I have some detail photographs to show, but the following is my favorite because it showcases an element very dear to me. In October of 2014, I was grateful to attend the Art-Is-You Conference in Stamford, Connecticut. One of the things that most attendees do is to create small pieces of art to "trade" with others attending the Conference. The beautiful "smile" element attached to the ribbon on my tag is a "trade" I received from Marjie Kemper of Marjie Kemper Designs. I am privileged to have taken classes taught by Marjie, but, even more special, I am privileged to call her "friend."
Here are the others:
- Ranger #8 manila tag
- Washi tape from my stash
- Distress Spray Stain in Fired Brick, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, Faded Jeans, and Salty Ocean
- Butterfly stamp from Finnabair Don't Forget to Fly Cling Stamp Set
- VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black
- Melt Art ultra thick clear embossing enamel
- Schoolhouse stencil (THS011)
- Studio 490 (Wendy Vecchi) embossing paste in Metalic Gold
- Loop pin to attach "smile" charm
- Basic tools
- Other items from stash
So, thank you Tim, thank you Val-Belle, and thank you Marjie! I couldn't be happier! Thanks for your visit today, as well as your comments. Both are important to me!
I am entering this tag in the Craft Stamper Magazine March Take It, Make It challenge.