Sunday, June 18, 2017

ART FROM THE ROAD: Sunday Postcard Art (06/16/2017)

It has been many weeks since I have been able to participate in the Sunday Postcard Art challenge, but I am back on track and welcome this chance to be crafty! Audrey is hosting this week and she has challenged us to use NUMBERS!

While I expect most of my fellow artists to use numerals in their postcards, I decided to use the verbal representation of numbers instead! My background is simply a scrap of designer paper cut to 4x6". The foreground was created using two Stampotique stamps. You can find the fish here and the text stamp here.


I hope you will carve out some time this week to get crafty and make a postcard for this week's challenge. You can find the challenge details here. Please also take a moment to visit Audrey's blog here.

Cheers!

15 comments:

  1. This is adorable Kay! It made me smile. I love your colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you back in blogland again, Kay. This postcard is perfect for the Postcard Challenge - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just makes me smile - such happy colors and imagery- brings out the inner child in us all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to have you back! This is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sweet and Dr Seuss-ish. hope you are ok? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great take on the theme...awesome postcard x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab Kay, I've always loved this quote xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet, Kay - love this fishy world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Numerals... alphabets... it all counts, right? (Sorry - couldn't resist!). Love your cute fishy postcard - the snail on the pondweed made me smile. Hope your travels on the road are going well. I'm home for the first time in a long while and enjoying settling back in for a time.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kay, nice to see you back with this adorable card.
    I love it, it's really super cute and well done my friend.
    I hope you are well, don't worry if you can't come anymore on my blog we stay friends of course!
    Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great visual Kay, and I love the unexpected end to the rhyme. What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.