Friday, April 28, 2017

ART FROM THE ROAD: Sunday Postcard Art (04-23-17)

Although we are (just today) back in our summer campground, I will post this as "art from the road" as it is there where it was created. I just didn't have any electricity to post it until today!

Anne Wilson is our host this week on the Sunday Postcard Art challenge blog and she REALLY has challenged me to the point of pain!! She has asked us to use/do ZENTANGLING/DOODLING in our postcard art. I don't doodle and I certainly don't zentangle so I thought about just sitting back and not participating this week, but what fun would that be? 

I started by googling "free zentangle patterns" and came up with a couple that looked just okay. Then I found an elephant that I loved! I thought that I would practice a bit on the other pattern first, then tackle the elephant. What I ended up using as a background here came out as passable, but the elephant turned out to be a disaster! I decided to just scrap the whole thing and have wine instead. Just before I headed for that glass of wine I thought for a moment about painting the ugly elephant black, thinking it might just pop on that colorful background. I did it and I liked it!


If you enjoy doodling or zentangling or just want an artful challenge, you can find the Sunday Postcard Art challenge here

Thanks for coming by and especially for taking a moment to leave a message. I value both!

Cheers!

14 comments:

  1. This is absolutely charming, Kay.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay, I think it turned out brilliantly! Maybe you will grow to find doodling relaxing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for sticking with this one Kay, I would SO have struggled, but yours is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your step by step details in how you came up with your end result, which looks great. (I struggled with zentangle/doodle and ended up with nothing.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The elephant is perfect as is the tangling! Well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! Love the colours and the zentangle and the silhouette-elifant! A card that popped of my blogrol :)! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. So often zentangle only shows as black and white, this is great! Glad Jake is off and running after his favorite chippies. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza - for a formerly-ugly elephant, this is just totally fantabulous. LOVE it, Kay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the have wine part, lol! This is great - the colors and patterns really make your elephant pop off the page! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really cool Kay. Love the silhouette against the bright background. There's a postcard challenge over at http://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.no/ this month (June 2017) if you are interested. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.