Wednesday, April 15, 2015

FEELING SKETCHY CHALLENGE #119

The "Feeling Sketchy" sketch challenges are posted on the 1st and 15th of each month, even when it is April and "tax day" in the U.S.  While my husband had to struggle with all those numbers, I got to play with a new sketch:



You would think that all this color in the sketch would have drawn out my love of color, but I went the opposite way and created a monochromatic card with black, grey and white! Perhaps, it was the lure of a new stamp from Stampendous called "Cattus Librum."  Such a smart-looking, bespectacled cat must certainly, I thought, share something he learned from that book. Here's my card:



I hope you will find some time during the last half of April to create something (it's not just cards!) for the Feeling Sketchy challenge.  There is fun to be had and prizes to be won.  The sponsor for this challenge is Lacy Sunshine.  Please pay a visit!

Thanks for coming by today and for your thoughtful comments!  Both are appreciated!



16 comments:

  1. Ooh I so love this! The image is adorable and looks fab on the book paper with the perfect quote. Wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just fab Kay,love the monochrome look as it always catches the eye. I can see why you like the new stamp,it's a stunner ;)
    Big hugs
    Hope your snow has all melted now too?!
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cattus Libram is wonderful Kay, he deserves to be seen both in the light and the dark. Your Tag is inspired and beautiful :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Kay ! I love the fact that it's monochrome !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Kay. The cat stamp is so sweet and I love your design. Gorgeous. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful and lovely, Kay. And, I love the monochromatic colors. The adorable cat seems quite content to be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love how your mind works, your so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Of course I love Cats lol such a beautiful piece.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the sketch Kay, as usual you have made the things in your own way to the perfection, and this image by Stampendous is fantastic!!! I'm not surprised that you love it! :D The quote is also perfect with your combo :) Happy creating today my friend, mwah! Bisous!! Coco

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a fineway to split the workload... Like your card verry much! Black-white and that catstamp are totally perfect here! Have a colourfull and inky week, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love black and white anything. So classy and add a cat and you have perfection. Love your take on the sketch. fabulous card - as always :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful card Kay! Love the stamps you used for this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Kay, this stamp is fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That pussy cat looks like he knows everything there is to know in the world.
    Wonderful Kay :) Big hugs from Poppy and me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me encanta ese gatito :)
    Y la mariposa <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.