Wednesday, December 2, 2015

ART FROM THE MAIN HOUSE: Sunday Postcard Art Challenge (11-29-15)

The Sunday Postcard Art challenge this week is hosted by Linda, who has chosen "trees" as our theme. Other than palm trees, of course, I am thinking that pine trees are my favorite at this time of year.

I used my Cricut to cut out different sizes and shapes of trees, then adhered them to my Kraft postcard (4"x6") after stenciling on some watered-down gesso for some background interest. At the bottom, I used full-strength gesso to add the appearance of a bit of snow. The sentiment was created with a Stampin' Up! stamp that I have had for years!  Hope you like it...


I hope you will find some time this week to join in on the fun and create a postcard for this challenge.  Thanks for visiting today and for taking a moment to leave a comment.  Both are important to me!


8 comments:

  1. Really is nostalgic Kay. Nice way to get into the holiday spirit. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous Christmas card and I love the trees. The background make a great back drop too. Just a lovely card Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gesso/kraft background - what a great effect - and the patterned trees are great fun. Lovely card!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those quirky trees, Kay - they are so filled with fun, and yet so Christmas-y too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab design Kay.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bold design, love your trees Kay, thank you for visiting me, I have been a naughter blogger it's a long time since I visited, sorry :) Hope all is good with you :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Kay, sorry to comment so late my dear friend!
    This is a good idea to use your Cricut like that.. I have myself a new ScanNCut machine my colleagues have offered to me for my departure, but I must confess that I don't use it yet!!! This will be one of my wishes for the new year, use more and better all my stuff and materials!! :)
    Big hugs, and many good wishes for your coming Christmas time Kay
    Coco Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kay, those plaid trees are such fun. What a fun posttcard. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.