Wednesday, December 16, 2015

ART FROM THE MAIN HOUSE: Sunday Postcard Art Challenge (12-13-15)

Hazel is the host this week at Sunday Postcard Art, and she has chosen the theme of Holly and/or Ivy for our challenge. The submissions for this challenge are amazing, and you can find them here.  

For my postcard, I began with a scrap of patterned paper cut to 4x6" for my background.  I used one of Dyan Reaveley's stamps for my ivy element and used Copic Markers to color it.  Copics were also used to add color to one of my favorite Stampotique stamps, Moth Fab!  The text stamp is from Tim Holtz.


I hope you will take some time this week to create a bit of postcard  art (4x6") for Hazel's challenge.  Anything goes as long as it has to do with holly and/or ivy!  

Thanks for stopping by for a visit and for taking a moment to leave a comment.  Both are important to me!

13 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Kay, I love moth fab too but sadly my Stampotique stamps are neglected lately, how clever to use them for Christmas ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful. Love the whimsical holiday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love these stamps. They just look so cool and make the cards funky without being cutesy. You rock them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous postcard Kay - that stamp just makes me smile, and she's such a great foil for the leaves! Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the patterned paper in the background, and Moth looks properly Fab in her festive red dress!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab card my lovely friend!!!!
    You make me want to take out my Moth fab (one of my favorite Stampotique stamps forever), simply gorgeous her, and the leaves and text stamp are the perfect complement!!!
    Wishing you and yours a peaceful and prosperous festive season dear Kay, Big hugs, Mwah!
    Coco

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Moth and she looks amazing on your postcard.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Moth and she looks amazing on your postcard.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful.
    Happy Christmas Kay and a wonderful 2016!
    Mwah xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love moth fab. She looks suitably festive in her red dress. Great card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.