Sunday, December 20, 2015

ART FROM THE MAIN HOUSE: Sunday Postcard Art Challenge (12-20-15)

The Sunday Postcard Art challenge has been posted and Constance has chosen the holiday theme of nutcracker.  This was indeed a challenge for me, but Google images saved the day with a perfect nutcracker image for an artist!

I cut a scrap of patterned paper to 4x6" for my postcard.  I "altered" the image somewhat by using PSE, but remained true to the basic image.  The wording at the top was created using fonts available in Word; the bottom wording was leftover from a Christmas kit long ago dismantled.


Glad you took a moment to stop by today.  If you have not already done so, I hope you will join as a follower and then follow by e-mail so that you don't miss an update!

I hope you can find some time this busy week to get crafty and create a postcard for this challenge.  

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you!

22 comments:

  1. This has a wonderful retro feel< Kay. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for share this awesome card.. and by the ways wish you happy merry Christmas..

    Regards
    Jyoti
    Question to ask a guy
    whatsapp dp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way he is perched on the 'be merry'. Fab paper to go with his paint pallet. Brilliant card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to say 'Merry Christmas'! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kay- I love this wonderful and festive card. Wishing you the merriest Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha great fun Kay, I always love the sense of humour you put into everything you create ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liking your mad crazy artistic nutcracker. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charming! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable Christmas card this would be ...wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cutest ever. But boy do nutcrackers look kind of mean with that straight smile. I always figured kids would be afraid of them. xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's very cute ! I love how he is standing on the 'be merry'. I wish you and Russ and Jake a very merry Christmas !
    Mwah!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful festive colors in this Kay! Merry Christmas to you and Russ!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely postcard, Kay. Background is very interesting , so the focal image.Love this :)
    thanks so much for visits to my blog and great comments.
    Wish you and your family Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet Kay!!
    Sending you huge hugs and loving Christmas wishes! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a creative nutter. Wonderful. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your Nutcracker artist, Kay - he looks just my sort of chap! Such cheerful colours too... I love it.
    Wishing you and yours a peaceful and joyous festive season!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for this fun and lovely card Kay!!!
    Hope you have had a great Christmas day yesterday my lovely friend
    Big hugs, Coco

    ReplyDelete
  19. This made me laugh out loud, Kay - what a wonderfully fun image! Wishing you all the best for 2016! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww he does look a character. Hope you had a lovely Christmas time Kay and if I don't see you before . . . Happy New Year may it be healthy and crafty xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this Kay, especially your alterations. I hope you had a fab Christmas and a very Happy New Year. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.