Thursday, August 9, 2012

I AM WOMAN; HEAR ME ROAR!

If you know me, either in the real world or online, you have heard me exclaim, "I am woman; hear me roar!" as encouragement--especially to young women who may be struggling.  It is that thought and the images called "crazy mannequins" from a Gecko Galz that were the inspiration for my art journal page entitled, aptly, I AM WOMAN.


Creating this page was pure fun as I got to open up a box of brand new water color pencils.  I chose two blues and a purple as close as I could get to the colors in the image.


Next, of course, came the fun part of watching the colors show their vibrant side as water was added with a paint brush.


Once the background was dry, I chose one of my favorite large stamps--Letter Writing by Hero Arts--to add texture and interest.  Once dry (I can never wait so I always have my heat gun "at the ready"), I adhered my mannequins with a bit of ModPodge.  I knew that I wanted to add a bit of white to my page, so grabbed some white acrylic paint and my bubble wrap!  I also had a white rub-on image which I added to the center right, but since you could barely see it, I didn't follow the "rule of three" and stopped at one!


I am glad that I took a break from scrapbooking this afternoon to make this journal page.  I always find working in my art journal both relaxing and renewing.  I am glad, too, that you took a break and visited my art journaling blog.  Please take a moment to JOIN if you have not already done so, and leave a message to let me know you were here!

Cheers!



9 comments:

  1. I've been working on getting ready forms class starting tomorrow! And I have not been checking any blogs! But this caught my eye immediately and I had to see it! Beautiful, Kay! The vibrant colours and te crazy images are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the iPad made my spelling awful. Hate it when it behaves like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page! The colors you chose are perfect with those images! I'm loving that stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blue! Anything with script to me is absolutely gorgeous. You did a fantastic piece of work Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you are having so much fun with your art journal, Kay! sadly, mine has been a tad neglected this summer... XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors you used on this page. I find art journaling to be freeing as well. I try to do it at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blue and accented beautifully with script and while detail

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am struggling, too, Sue, and still making a lot of mistakes, but, hey, that is learning, too! Thanks for joining my art journaling blog! Let me know if you have one, and I will return the favor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This may be my favorite so far... I'm still catching up! :)

    The textures and colors are so wonderful. I wish I could see it in real life! Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment! Your kind words are appreciated and serve as inspiration to me.